Sunday, March 15, 2009

So Many New Things!

Hello Everyone! Sorry we haven't posted in a while. As you may know, life gets kinda hectic with a 7 and 1/2 month old (yes, you heard right!) and a crazy dog.

Ayla is learning new things every day, and is so much fun to play with! Today she tried a teething cookies for the first time and LOVED it! She even cried when I took it away to give her a sip of juice! We went out to lunch with Grandpa today, and Ayla had her first big girl lunch. She had oatmeal with pears, apple slices (to suck on, of course), puffs, a teething cookie, and milk! WOW! What a four course dinner! She has been slowly getting back on the solids wagon (she was off for a bit due to illness). She eats about 2 oz. at a time... once or twice a day. She has been SO hungry lately, so we're thinking we'll start giving her baby food two or three times a day. Maybe that will get her to sleep through the night! She's waking up 3-4 times per night. Not so fun for mommy and daddy.

Ayla's also learning to crawl! She can scoot around backwards and sideways, but has yet to master the forward crawl. She gets up on all 4s and rocks back and forth, but hasn't quite figured out how to make her hands and knees work in unison.

Recently, her favorite thing to do after a nap or in the morning is to roll over onto her belly, turn on her mobile, find her pacifier, and make happy sounds until someone comes in to say good morning.
She had one of the happiest weekends that she's had in a very long time. Hopefully the winter germies are gone, and our baby can start breathing clearly and enjoying a healthy existence!

I am posting a new link to the right. It will bring you to ALL of Ayla's videos on YouTube. It's fun to go back and see how much she's grown!

Thanks for reading! XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are like three video's I've never seen! Don't hold back again!!! I miss your baby :( I better see you guys soon or I am just going to show up and steal her! x0x0x
-Auntie Lynsey